Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

This is a picture of me during my birthday dinner last year in New York.
I did not take not a single picture of myself this year, though.

My birthday was a month ago and it was pretty low key. It was in the middle of the week so I couldn't exactly go on a trip and I don't really have any friends here so I decided to take the day off and spend some quality time with me, myself and I. While talking to a friend at work who had just gotten back from a two-week vacation for his 30th birthday, I let it slip that it my birthday was soon approaching. Well, my other friend from work heard and she asked me if I had any plans.

"I'm taking the day off of work. I'm gonna get a facial, a mani/pedi at the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa - courtesy of my bestie, Nads - use my Groupon/LivingSocial coupon I'd bought for the Potomac river cruise and then another Groupon/LivingSocial coupon I'd bought for a sushi restaurant in Chinatown. My friend couldn't understand why I wanted to spend my birthday along and kinda sorta imposed on my solo dinner plans.

I got the facial, got the mani/pedi, ditched the river cruise and met up with my friend from work, her friend and another one of my friends for the sushi happy hour/dinner. My friend who, thankfully, imposed on my solo dinner bought me a cupcake and I blew out the candle at the restaurant; our server was super sweet about "allowing" us to do so. My other friend, got me some nail polish in a color she'd seen me eyeing at the nail shop when we got our nails done about a month before. It was super sweet of them and I'm really I glad I ended up having my birthday dinner NOT alone.

The following Saturday, those same friends and I went to see the Batman movie and them met up with my old friend from Miami, who's in DC for several months training for work. We went to a Mexican restaurant and, while I wasn't looking, they told the waiter it was my birthday so we ended up getting a free desert with a candle in it, after our meal. Then my friend gave me an Old Navy gift card; I love Old Navy! Too sweet!

Then I went into work the next day to find out that they had organized a surprise birthday party for me! It was so sweet I almost cried! I'd been working in the office temporarily on a three-month rotation and the fact that they were doing this for me after not even three full months of working with them rendered me absolutely speechless.

Anyway, it was a nice little birthday and here are a few pics I managed to snap...


Mani/Pedi at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa Courtesy of my Bestie Nads




Birthday Cake at my Surprise Birthday Party at Work




Leftover Birthday Cake & Pizza at my Surprise Birthday Party at Work




Nail Polish from My Friend Take in the Color She'd Caught Me Eyeing About A Month Before




Sushi and Drinks at Birthday Happy Hour/Dinner with my friends Anastasia & Takea @ Asia Nine




Post Birthday Dinner with my friend Natalia (from Miami) @ Rosa Mexicana

No comments:

Post a Comment