Last night, when I got home, my roommate already had the television on MSNBC. Cuz he already knew what was up! Cuz he already knew I wasn't havin it!
Election night.
It happened so fast... We watched for hours and hours and then, before I could take a next blink, it was flashing up there on the screen. "Barack Obama - 44th President of the United States" My roommate, who only a few months before had mentioned that he did not know who he was going to vote for, let me know that he had voted for Obama earlier that afternoon. His entire family, all Republicans, had voted for Romney but I think he just realized after debacle after debacle, that Romney was just a "fuckin idiot".
I fell asleep before Romney officially conceded. But, I shot up like a fire cracker out of bed this morning and smiled as I remembered. Then I started streaming MSNBC live and, thankfully, was able to see Obama's victory speech that I wasn't able to stay awake for the night before.
There was a wonderful program for the upcoming Veteran's Day and, at the beginning of the event, Administrator Lisa P. Jackson stood to deliver her opening remarks and, before she could get a word in, the room roared with applause and she beamed and blushed before a standing ovation. Four more years!
Despite my whack ass state STILL not being accounted for at the polls, I am so very proud of my country. I was a little skeptical because we did, however, re-elect Bush for a second term. But yesterday's outcome was reassurance that my country is, for sure, the best country in the whole world. I was so proud to be an American yesterday. And, eevn more awesome than the fact that my president is still black, is the fact that my president is still Obama! Four more years, indeed!

No comments:
Post a Comment