So my mom got this brilliant idea recently to ship
me frozen food from back home. It turns out, an aunt of mine up in New York
does it for her son, my cousin, who is not living in West Virginia and gets the
occasional craving for good, old-fashioned Haitian food. So my mom kept telling
me she was going to give it a try and I didn't think she was really going to do
it...until she called me last week to get my address. And then, just like that,
it was here. Ribs from the Memorial Day festivities, diri kole and - my
favorite - legume!!! There are no Haitian restaurants NOWHERE around here and I
didn't realize how much I'd been missing Haitian food until I peered into the
Tupperware and started salivating. My mother has absolutely outdone herself; I
really love that woman, yes. Here's to the beginning of a really beautiful
thing...

No comments:
Post a Comment