So, I had been watching the Steve
Madden Croquet shoes in the leopard print FOREVER! Seriously, at least like two
or three months. Anyway, my roommate came home with a Nordstroms bag with the
word “SALE” on it and the little wheels in my head began to churn. Now, I have
NEVER bought anything in that store and the half a dozen times I've even been in the store was only because of their cafe - which serves a MEAN lobster bisque! Anyway, I figured, they must carry Steve Madden shoes and if they’re
having a sale… So I go online and, sure enough, I see that Nordstroms has the
leopard version – but still at full price instead of on sale. Boo! So I make up
my mind to ditch leopard and to get a pair in one of the funky spring colors
that are on sale. I decided to go into the store last weekend and that frickin
whack ass store doesn’t have a SINGLE Croquet shoe in the store – not in leopard
or any other of the five shades it comes in.
I ditch Nordstroms and head to the
Steve Madden store inside of the same mall, which ends up being like a hop and
skip away from Nordstroms. But, of course, the store is all out of every single
color EXCEPT leopard, which I have already decided not to get. The girl in the
store tells me that she can order the shoe in the system and have it shipped to
me and I think, great!
I go back and forth between purple
and magenta and finally pick purple – only to find out that the purple is not
available in my size. Magenta it is. The girl tells me the total and, much to
my dismay, I find out that I am being charged almost ten dollars just for
shipping. Lame! Especially when there are stores like DSW that waive shipping fees when you place an order from the store.
Anyway, I rush home Thursday night
because I know my shoes will be there waiting for me (I am obsessed with tracking!; I think it's interesting following packages all over the country! Lol) and I waltz right up to the front desk to claim my package.
When the guy at the front desk hands it to me, I die a little inside. What the
&%$@ is this?!
“Whoa,” says the random white guy who
gets in the elevator with me. “And I don’t even think all that happened during
the shipping. They packaged it like that.” He shakes his head and I do, too,
because I know he’s right. Here’s what the package looked like…


I'm in love! I haven’t worn them yet
but I’m pretty sure I’m keeping them! And, who knows? Maybe I’ll save up and
splurge on the leopard print for fall! :-D Steve Madden Croquet Flat





hehe 'simple' pleasures! No such anticipation and adventure when buying in store. :)
ReplyDeleteActually, you'd be surprised! Your picture is so purrrrrdy! :P
ReplyDelete