Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome...

Hey, guys! Welcome to my blog! I tried setting my new blog up on Tumblr but I that lasted all of one day. I had to delete it. I just didn't really care for it and it's not ideal for someone who's a control freak and quite as detail oriented as I am. So! I decided to come back to what I already know. I used to blog but I just deleted that blog and imported all of my old posts to this new one. (Technology is so frickin awesome!) I don't remember having had much free time back then but apparently I did because I used to write such LONG posts... You can check them out, if you want to. 

Anyway, as some of you may know, I moved up here to Washington, DC to take a federal job last September after finishing graduate school. I had completed an internship the summer of 2010 and so, upon my graduation, I found out that I would be hired as part of a 2-year leadership development program. I struggled with the decision to move here and it came down to the wire before I finally looked into purchasing my plane ticket, etc. I didn't want to move, but I knew it would most likely end up being the best decision for my career. 

Anyway, I've been pretty idle since I've been up here... I got a part-time job at Macy's last holiday season but I was only on-call and that pretty much fell off. I've looked up some creative writing courses at the local community college but I really can't bear to drop $200+ on a six week course (especially when I STILL haven't even replaced my tires yet!). I'm still willing myself to get off my lazy ass and sign up for those ballroom and/or hip-hop dance classes I've been wanting to take (a-la Dancing With The Stars) but, until then, I'll just have to resort to blogging!

My goal is to, hopefully, not fall off with this one like I did the old one. There is only so much I can do with Facebook anymore and I just feel like I have all these thoughts and creative juices flowing...that I need to get out sometimes. So, I'm going to do this a little differently. My plan is to keep the posts much shorter, include more pictures and to just have fun with it. I'll try not to talk religion or politics and keep my love life (or lack thereof) out as much as possible...but I really can't make any promises! I was also thinking that this could help me keep in touch with you all. Don't get me wrong, this in no way excuses me not picking up the phone and hearing your lovely voices, but at least this way we'll be more likely to hear from each other more often than we otherwise would. 

So, buckle up, bitches... Here we go! :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment